Sunday, July 17, 2005

Where the Edge Begins: The SP Futures lead the Pack

Question: Can you talk about the effect of the cash market?
Frankly I have trouble even finding what its symbol is...
SPY??

I’m glad you don’t know the cash symbol yet. It means
you’re probably watching something better. But before I
tell you about it, here’s your answer:

The symbol for the S&P 500 cash market is SPX ($SPX on
eSignal’s data feed). And incidentally, the symbol for the
Nasdaq 100 cash market is $NDX. These go with the SP
futures and the Nasdaq futures contracts.

The cash markets are important because they give the actual
cash prices where the markets are trading. All the stocks
that make up the S&P 500 index are factored into the cash
price of the SPX. It’s the same deal for the Nasdaq 100 and
the NDX.

The symbol you mentioned, SPY, is for the “Spyders” which
are an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). It’s also based on the
S&P 500 stock index. The Spyders trade just like a stock.

Some people say that the cash markets don’t gyrate as much
as the futures markets do. That’s probably a valid point.
But here’s a better point:

The futures lead the cash markets by a fraction of a second
or so. This is huge because it makes the futures charts
give better support and resistance levels… much better than
anything else.

This is where my trading edge begins.

Also the futures have gigantic leverage, which is exactly
what you want IF, by some small miracle you actually *know*
how to trade… Very few people do, and it’s not getting any
easier to learn because there’s so mush noise out there from
“experts” who can’t trade. I’ll say a little more about
this in a second. Someone sure needs to say it.

Because of the advantages of the futures, a lot of pros
trade them exclusively, staying pretty much out of the
ETF’s, the index options, stock options and individual
stocks.

And even the ones who trade other things watch the futures
like a hawk, waiting for a specific pattern or event that
gives them their edge.

Every professional trader I know (or have ever met) uses the
support and resistance (s/r) levels of the SP Futures.
These s/r zones lay the groundwork for their trading edge…
the edge that took them from rookie to pro.

The SP and Nasdaq futures have stationary as well as dynamic
s/r levels. When taken together, these are one of the keys
to making money consistently and avoiding big draw-downs.

You can’t get s/r accuracy on the cash indices, the ETF’s or
the stock index options because they don’t lead the fleet.
The old saying, “a rising tide lifts all ships” applies
here.

When the futures rise, all the related stock-based stuff
follows… but with less precise support and resistance
levels. This is because the big arbitragers and other
traders of size are taking cues from the Futures markets.
They move fast, but not instantly and not consistently.

The time you put into learning an edge on the SP and Nasdaq
futures will pay off in a huge way no matter what you’re
going to trade - stocks, stock options, ETF’s – it makes no
difference.

I make my living daytrading the SP and Nasdaq futures, and I
can tell you this:

If you’re going to day trade for a living, you need to learn
as much as you can about the stock index futures…

To do this right, you need someone who trades for a living
to teach you.

Strong sales people who have been in and out of the markets
for many years and can’t trade still want to put their
knowledge to work. They know a lot of information, why
waste it? So they “teach” trading. Some of my subscribers
tell me this is the rule, not the exception. It’s basically
outrageous, if you ask me.

If the “guru” can’t hack it, their students won’t do any
better.

Here’s reality…

There are *very* few who day trade consistently enough to
live off the income that are going to show you, or anyone
outside his/her own family, how they get their edge.

But I’m an exception. I’ll show you every detail of how I
have made my living by day trading since the 1980’s and have
avoided big draw-downs all this time.

I’ll teach you the most reliable trading technique you’ll
ever see. We won’t be swinging for home runs, but for
consistency.

I’ll show you the RBI support and resistance zones, the
stuff my pro subscribers quietly rave about. You’ll learn
how I find these zones.

You’re fortunate to have bumped into my web site right now
because I’m setting up the software right now that I’m going
to use to teach my real-time subscribers everything -
including my entries and exits in real-time while I’m
trading…

You can be part of it. But it’s only fair to take my loyal
subscribers first. So…

Click through to my site, subscribe to my time-tested RBI
Updates, and get your foot in the door right away while it’s
still open.

The sooner you’re on my subscriber list, the sooner I’ll be
able to invite you to learn my way of getting consistent
gains with no back-breaking draw-downs. I’m only going to
teach a few at a time, so move on this as soon as you can.

You don’t need a pro trader in your family anymore. You’ve
got one if you click through and join my trading “family.”

Here’s where your success can begin: www.tradestalker.com

No comments: